Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you had a pleasant Thanksgiving weekend. Although I do not personally celebrate the holiday (I'm not a fan of genocide and shopping), the idea's not a bad one.

I am thankful to be alive. Really. The past year has been an insane ride, and I'm kinda surprised to see Myself come out the other end surprisingly undamaged. I am thankful to have met so many amazing and wonderful people. From the people I have met through the dungeons, to those from the events I have attended this year, even to those who I sometimes just engage in brief conversations with online. I am thankful for the experiences that life has given Me. Each and everyone of them serves to help Me grow as a human being, so be they good or bad, they are all precious. I am thankful for the happiness of others. That one is a difficult one, but I think I can finally say it. Regardless of their path, I am happy for other individuals if they are happy. But most of all, I am thankful to be alive.

I chose to keep this short as opposed to sit there and congratulate Myself what I feel is a blessed life, when so many other people are alone, oppressed, or starving. When you are thankful, it's something that happens everyday. It is not a once a year feast to celebrate while loudly expressing what is often fake gratitudes around a table. And of course, the day after that, we all run out to get the best deal on all the things we don't have.

So that's it, then. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment